Where On Earth Do You Get Your Protein From?

July 21 2011

While in the checkout line one day at our local grocery store I was having a conversation with the cashier about what I eat. And the lady standing behind me asked "Where On earth do you get your protein from?".

You won't believe how many times I get asked this question! Nutritionist say the only way you can get protein is through animal meat.
This is an old myth! Because....

Broccoli has 33.6 grams
Cauliflower has 27.34
Peas consist of 27.34
Green beans deliver 18.1
Cantaloupe has 11.24
watermelon has 10 grams
Almonds are 25 grams
Spinach 2.8g
Kale has 2.58 grams
Romain lettuce has 1.81

The list goes on!! They say women need 30% grams of protein a day. A man needs only 40 grams per day. So if I eat broccoli in my smoothie for breakfast, and in my salad at lunch, and then add it as a side dish at supper, I have more than met these requirements, right?

Here's the thing, these ratios are based on the Standard American Diet(SAD).On the Raw Food Diet you only need a small amount of protein because it goes straight to the areas where it is needed. When you cook, all those precious vitamins and minerals go right out with the bath water! So then all you have is gunk that takes days to digest,fills your intestines and clogs your arteries!

Think about this, the animals that you eat consume raw plants and grains, even they know not to cook! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment