How do I Begin A Raw Diet?

February 13, 20112

First, you need to open your cabinet and take out and throw away every box, bag, can and bottle of food! What you say? Scary isn't it? I'm here to tell you its going to be fun, exciting, different, hard, frustrating and all kinds of other emotions! But be patient with yourselves. Rome was not built in a day! :). Just think of it as a new adventure! Aren't you just a little bit curious about this so called Raw Food Diet? I mean people talk like its the cure all for everything! There has been talk that some really scary diseases have been cured! But is it going to work for you? I cant say it will but I can tell you you will feel freer, more energized than you have ever felt before!! Will you get the same reaction, will it cure all your diseases?

I'm not going to say it cures all but I will say you WILL notice the changes! My advice is just take it slow. Each day or week add more and more raw fruits and veggies. And eat until you are full. If you still have to have some cooked food that's fine. It gets easier once you incorporate more and more raw food into your diet. You will have some cravings, I will tell you in a later post what you can do for those cravings.

I am going to promise that you will notice a change once you stop eating cooked food. You will go through highs and lows, some days may be worse than others. Remember, you have been eating dead lifeless food for a very long time and its going to take some time to rid your body of all those toxins.

You will go through a period of detox. Some people detox right away, others it takes a few months, for me it took 6 months, and some people are lucky and don't go through much at all. As I said before you need to be patient and take it slow.

Get a spiral notebook and start a journal. Write down everything, what you ate that day, how much, when and how it made you feel. Write down what you were doing when you ate that peace of pie, cake or whatever. Know your triggers and what to stay away from. Like for me the TV was the problem, if I sat down in front of the TV and my hands were idle, nothing in them, then that is when I started thinking about food and a typical reaction was to head straight for the frig! And once I got started it was hard to quit!

Don't beat yourself up this is all new to you! Make a smoothie! Take a handful of spinach, or kale or turnip greens, 1 cup of water, a banana, blueberries or fresh pineapple slices and put them on in a blender! Yes the color is yucky, but oh does it taste good! An orange in place of the water is really good. Make a fruit smoothie out of oranges, bananas and strawberries! This is so yummy! If you get hungry eat! But reach for those veggies or an apple or something along that line.

No comments:

Post a Comment