Ever Greening

Once I started on a Raw Food Journey I found that the better I felt the more I wanted to keep the Toxins from EVER invading my body or life again. So I started eliminating ALL the TOXINS from my home. You would be surprised at how easy it is. I have found that once you go Raw you want to carry this into every part of your life. There are toxins everywhere! What do you brush your teeth with, or what is in that shampoo or conditioner? What do you clean your dishes with, or wash your clothes, or dust your furniture with? If your not using Green products then you are putting those toxins right back in your body.

My head used to itch all the time, it drove me nuts! I changed shampoo several times a month, nothing helped. Then I started looking at the ingredients in all the shampoos that I was using and found the same substance was in each one; Sodium Lauryl Sulfate. After a little research I found it could cause all sorts of problems. But what is REALLY interesting is they use this in EVERYTHING from food to toxic chemicals nothing is safe. Once I stopped using commercial shampoos the itching went away. I now use homemade shampoo soaps.

My husband loves bleach! Not only in the washing machine for his whites but in the cabinets and refrigerator he says the bleach gets rid of bacteria. I have explained to him that there are safer methods but he still believes the only way to truly clean is to use bleach. My body is so sensitive now that I have to leave the house when he uses it. There are loads of products out there to whiten clothes and get rid of bacteria and mold than using toxic bleach! You can make your own.


Bleach Substitute:

Measure out equal parts of Hydrogen Peroxide and water put in clean container, shake to mix. Make sure you label the bottle correctly and keep out of reach of children.

For the cabinets you can use Hydrogen Peroxide and White Vinegar. To use this, put Hydrogen Peroxide in one bottle and White Vinegar in the other and spray each one separately. This does the trick! I use Vinegar in the rinse tray for my dishwasher very effective for getting those spots off the glasses. To clean mirrors and windows put 3 tbs. vinegar per 1 qt. water in a spray bottle.

Baking soda can be used for a number of things and since this is a natural substance you know that it is safe. To clean my sinks and bathroom I use a paste of baking soda and Green dishwashing liquid and a little water.


When buying your commercial detergent, it is better to use a biodegradable, less toxic, phosphate free brand. If you put 1/2 cup of baking soda in the washing machine before you wash clothes you won't have to use so much commercial detergent. Also putting baking soda in the rinse cycle will soften the water.

I use baking soda to clean my teeth. To whiten my teeth I use lemon juice and baking soda, this may take longer but at least I know that there is no bleach in it. Use it to clean your oven, make a paste with just water and use it as a scrub. Sprinkle baking soda in the toilet bowl and then use toilet brush to clean with.

If you would prefer to buy your Green products, there are several online stores like: http://www.greenhome.com/products/kitchen/, http://www.thegreenguide.com/, http://www.seventhgeneration.com/.

Also locally stores like Sams, Walmart, Kroger, Super1 are stocking more and more Green products. Some Home Depot and Lowe's have Green items also.

No comments:

Post a Comment