Juicing

I have Challenged my Raw Food Group Raw Passion to a 1 week juice fast and I will be starting tomorrow March 1, 2009. I have fasted several times before but this is new to all of them. To encourage them I will be posting my favorite recipes here.

This is a great way to jump start your Raw Food Journey! You know when it is time to clear out the clutter in your closets but do you know when its time to clean out your body? Juicing is designed to mop up pollutants, chemicals, dietary waste, and even unwanted pounds—which can actually do you some good. Do this to feel better about yourself and your life.

Some of you have been asking where I buy my food, so I'm going to give you a run down of where I go.

When I shop I usually go to several different stores. I start with Sams because they have Organic spinach and carrots in bigger sizes at a lower price. You can get most of your organic fruit here plus your Walnuts, Almonds, Pecans, and Pinenuts. However, I have since found an online store in Texas where you can get these nuts at a better price. Check with me later.

Kroger has remodeled their store to make room for a bigger and better Organic section, which is great for us! Check the paper to see what is on special and make sure you have a Kroger card. You really do save money with one.

Drug Emporium is where I buy my staples, they also have fresh veges and fruit but they are a little pricey. This is where you get the: Raw Apple Cider Vinegar, Shoyu, Nut Butters, spices, and agave.

Super 1, where I can find unusual veges and Aloe Vera leaves.

Asian Stores are next, I pick up Green Seaweed here like Wakame, kelp and Raw Nori and Sesame Oil. There are 3 stores, one on Shreveport-Barksdale across from Super 1, and 2 on Airline before you get to Patricia. Then on my way back home I may stop at Walmart.

Some of the food I get are:

  • Kale
  • spinach
  • romaine lettuce
  • green leaf lettuce
  • collards, parsley
  • alfalfa sprouts
  • vegetables
  • beets
  • turnips
  • cabbage
  • cucumbers
  • zucchini
  • tomatoes
  • carrots
  • green pepper
  • celery
  • organic apples
  • oranges
  • kiwi
  • pineapple
  • grapes
  • pears
  • blueberries
  • lemon
  • limes

If you can't get organic get the freshest greens and wash them real good in Raw Apple Cider Vinegar in water in the sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment