Equipment

Blender

You will need a good quality blender, the cheaper ones have a tendency to leave chunks of fruit and vegetables in your soups and smoothies.

Food Processor

I have a Big Mouth Hamilton Beach, the shoot is wider and it grinds almonds really well. I've had several different kinds and I like this one the best.

Dehydrator

On my wish list is the Excalibur or one simular. I have a American Harvest, its round and its been a good one. I would just like the square ones so I can make pizza and heat up soups and such other things. And it will definately be a 9 tray!
But these are good for crackers, breads,dried fruit and vegetables and chips. I don't use this all the time but it really comes in handy when you want to warm something.

Vegetable Spiralizer

These are great for making lasagna noodles and spaghetti. with chunky vegetables like carrots, zucchini, potatoes.

Juicer

I had a high speed centrifugal juicer and it worked great but it heated up the food. Then I found a juicer similar to the Champion called Lexen that has served me very well for 5 years now. I don't use it as much because I am into blended smoothies and soups.


Coffee Grinder

This is a must have. You can purchase one at Walmart for 10.00 dollars. It is great for grinding up your nuts and seeds and grains.

Knives

You will need a good set of quality knives. I have two sets that have to be sharpened all the time and aren't very good. Recently, I got a good set of stainless steel knives that do not need sharpening and I love them! They can cut through wood and steel. So if you can start out with a better quality you will thank yourself in the long run!

Bowls

I have several ceramic and glass bowls. I really prefer the ceramic. But then I also have stainless steel bowls too.

Tea Strainers/Nut bags


For straining nut milk or for bulk teas.

Recipe books

These come in handy and you'll find that you don't always follow the recipe exactly. Soon you will be making up your own! One of my favorite sites to buy used books is at Half.com.

These are not a necessity. But so much fun!

Gadgets


My husband says I'm a Gadget Queen, we have all sorts of gadgets. He hates when I hit the garage sells or Goodwill because most likely I will find something I can not live without!
I have a apple corer, apple slicer, two gadgets that you put into an orange or lemon and the juice runs out. I found a mandolin for 3 bucks at the Dollar Store and it works just as good as the high dollar one! I'm looking into getting a corn shucker and I also want a pineapple peeler. I have several different sizes of funnels for pouring liquids into bottles. Hey they make life easier!

Mortar and Pedestal

I use this for grinding up garlic or spices. Not a must but comes in handy.

Salad Spinner

To spin green leaves to get the water off or you can just pat them between two unbleached paper towels.

Thermos/Quart Jars

To put smoothies and soups in.

No comments:

Post a Comment