Rabbits!!!

In the past week I have been noticing missing vegetables on my plants. Like my strawberry plant. Every time I get a couple strawberries they come up missing. And YES that upsets me!

Then one morning last week I went out to water my garden and found a whole tomato plant gone... the pot was empty! And digging around in the pot I found a stump that had been gnawed on. First thing that came to my mind was rabbits! Honestly, somewhere I had read that wild rabbits love anything green! I rearranged my pots so the tomatoes were closer to the house (thinking this would hide the plants I guess). The next morning I found a tomato plant with 4 stalks on it chopped down! Boy was I ever mad!

So I got online to find out what I could do about it and found a lot of organic sprays you can use. But not having money I looked for herbal remedies. I found one that uses jalapeno pepper plants. This is interesting. So with that in mind I thought maybe if I used organic Cayenne pepper in a spray bottle with water that this may work. Who knows I can only try!

It rained yesterday and its raining today so I haven't had a chance to use it yet. I will however let you know if it worked or not. I did manage to put all my tomato and pepper pots on my porch. If that durn rabbit wants to climb my steps so be it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment